Safety Alert for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
With the arrival of the holiday season, the Division of Consumer Protection would like to pass along important information regarding Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning. Winter months hold the highest risk for CO poisoning, which is a safety issue wherever and whenever you burn fuel. Whether you are heating your home, cooking a Thanksgiving meal, or staying cozy before the fireplace, you are at risk. Remember, if you have fire, you have carbon monoxide!
Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is undetectable to the human senses. You may not know you are being exposed until it’s too late. Please read the follow tips and information to help keep you and your family safe all year long. Please pass along and feel free to display the CO Safety Poster to pass along this important message!
Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips
§ Never use portable generators inside homes or garages, even if doors and windows are open. Use generators outside only, far away from the home.
§ Keep any flammable materials away from the stove and oven, don't leave the kitchen unattended if you're cooking.
§ Never bring a charcoal grill into the house for heating or cooking. Do not use grills in the garage.
§ Never use a gas range or oven for heating.
§ Have your home heating systems (including chimneys and vents) inspected and serviced annually by a trained service technician.
§ Open the fireplace damper before lighting a fire. Keep the damper open until the ashes are cool. An open damper may help prevent build-up of poisonous gases inside the home.
§ Install battery-operated CO alarms, or CO alarms with battery backup, in your home outside separate sleeping areas.
§ If you suspect CO poisoning, get outside to fresh air immediately, and then call 911.
Know the Symptoms of CO Poisoning
§ Because CO is odorless, colorless, and otherwise undetectable to the human senses, people may not know that they are being exposed. The initial symptoms of low to moderate CO poisoning are similar to the flu, but without the fever.
o Shortness of breath
§ High levels of CO poisoning results in progressively more severe symptoms, including:
o Mental confusion
o Loss of muscular coordination
o Loss of consciousness
o Ultimately death
§ Symptom severity is related to both the CO level and the duration of exposure.
o Slowly developing residential CO problems - Occupants and/or physicians can mistake mild to moderate CO poisoning symptoms for the flu, which sometimes results in tragic deaths.
o Rapidly developing high level CO exposures (e.g., associated with use of generators in residential spaces) - Victims can rapidly become mentally confused, and can lose muscle control without having first experienced milder symptoms; they will likely die if not rescued.
Lot Rent increases will begin January 1, 2016 and are as follows.
Singlewides will increase to $350 per month from $340 currently.
Doublewides will increase to $375 per month from $365 currently.
Rent is due on the 1st of every month and a late fee of 5% is added to your monthly rent if received after the 10th of the month.
We are still waiting on the star values and will inform you of your discounted rent if applicable when we receive the information from the town assessor.
Please visit www.StoneybrookMobileTerrace.com to view our new online system.
Here you can view your balance, submit requests, and pay online monthly or sign up for automatic payments.
A copy of the community rules is also on our website.
Cooler weather is already here.
Here is a reminder to make sure your pipes are prepared.
Don't forget to Heat wrap your water lines by November 1st!
Our community is under a burn ban and bonfires are a Violation of our community rules.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Our business office hours are Monday and Thursday, 10:00am - 4:00pm. Feel free to call 607-432-0250.
Remember to leave a message! We return messages every day of the week, so please call and speak with us.
You can also contact us via email on our website, http://www.stoneybrookmobileterrace.com/talk-to-us
Stoneybrook Community Management
Spring is upon us! Do you have oil or batteries to recycle? Visit www.nyrecycles.org for more info how to dispose of these items!
Thanks for keeping our community clean!
-Stoneybrook Mobile Terrace